If you're coming from another time tracking software or you were using spreadsheets to keep track of your time you are in the right place. You can easily import all your time entries from a CSV file into TrackingTime.
Step by step guide
To import your time entries into TrackingTime please follow these steps:
1. Click on the menu button on the top right corner of the screen and select "Data Import".
2. Copy and paste your timesheet from your spreadsheets or upload a CSV file from your computer.
3. Once you have imported your timesheet, you'll need to match the columns to your spreadsheet.
4. Make sure there' no missing or invalid information. The app will show you issues in red.
5. Once you're all setup and there are no errors left, the button "Import" will appear.
6. Click on "Import" to import all your edited time entries displayed on screen.
The data import tool supports time entries with the following parameters:
Start date (required): The start date of the time entry.
End date: The end date of the time entry.
Duration: The duration in seconds of the time entry (optional if end date provided).
Notes: Time entry notes up to 1000 characters.
User email (required): The email address of the person who worked on this entry. This is required to associate the time entry to a specific user in your TrackingTime account.
Task: Time entries can be associated to a task.
Project: Time entries can be associated to a project.
Client: Time entries can be associated to a project.
Service: Time entries can be associated to a service.
We'll look in your account for all tasks, projects, clients and services specified in your CSV file. If they already exist, we'll associate the imported time entries to them. Otherwise, we'll first add them to your account and then associate the corresponding time entries to the newly created objects.
Supported Date Formats
We'll try to automatically identify the date format of your timesheet. But you can also select the correct one in the Settings panel displayed on the to right corner of the screen. Following date and time formats are supported:
MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. 04/25/2016 for April, 25 2016)
DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 25/04/2016 for April, 25 2016)
YYYY-MM-DD (e.g. 2016-04-25 for April, 25 2016)
DD.MM.YYYY (e.g. 25.04.2016 for April, 25 2016)
YYYY.MM.DD (e.g. 2016.04.25 for April, 25 2016)
YYYY/MM/DD (e.g. 2016/04/25 for April, 25 2016)
hh:mm:ss for 24-hour clock, e.g. 18:59:00
hh:mm:ss [am/pm] for 12-hour clock, e.g. 06:50:00 pm
Note: Start and end dates must include the full date and time in one of those formats.