Timesheets display all your raw time data for any given time period and are great for building custom billing, invoicing or payroll reports. You can create timesheets for your employees, projects, clients or for your whole company or team.
Create a new timesheet
To create a timesheet, please follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Reports’ section and select the ‘Timesheets’ tab
- Choose a time period from the dropbox menu. You can either choose one of the default periods (this week, this month, last month, etc.) or any other custom time period.
- Choose a timesheet filter. You can create timesheet for a specific service, client, project or user or for the whole company. Company timesheets include all time entries in the selected time period.
- Once you have selected a filter, a new dropdown menu will appear on screen. Choose a specific project, client, user, etc., –– depending on the type of filter you’ve selected –– to create your timesheet.
- Click on ‘Build Report’ to generate your timesheet.
Round time entries
Optionally, you can configure your timesheet to automatically round up or down your time entries.
Currently, the following rounding options are supported:
- 6 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
For instance, if you choose to round time entries up to 1 hour every time entry with a duration of less than 60 minutes will be automatically rounded up to 1 hour.
Audits help you filter out time entries that might not conform to your business rules or seem incorrect. For example, you can filter out long time entries with more than 20 hours, time entries associated to tasks with no project and more.
Once you've created a timesheet, you can use filters to show / hide specific data. For instance, if you'd like to build a timesheets for a group of certain users, you could create a company timesheet, then use the user filter (as pictured below) to select only the users you'd like to include in your timesheet.
Click on the Insights icon on the lower right corner of the screen to visualize your time entries. You'll be able to see in a glimpse how your time was distributed across projects, clients, tasks and more. Are all your project moving forward? Did you spent too little time on that project this month? How is my team spending their time? Who work too much or too little? Insights helps you answer those questions in just a few clicks.
Search your timesheet
In case you’re looking for a particular time entry, you can use the search feature to search for project names, tasks, clients, and all the other data that you can see on the screen. Search results will be highlighted in yellow on the timesheets table.
Export a timesheet to share with others
One of the best parts about timesheets is that you can easily export them to PDF or CSV files and share them with your colleagues, employees or clients. All the data you currently see on the report’s screen will be included in your export.
Export to PDF
If you want to send a time report to one of your clients or to your boss, PDF is probably the best choice. Please note, that PDF timesheets are not editable. To export a timesheet in PDF, simply click on the ‘PDF’ button at the bottom of the screen.
Customize PDF Settings
You can specify which report columns should be included in the PDF. To do so, click on the settings button at the bottom of the screen. Following pop-up will be displayed, where you can select the columns you need.
Export to CSV
On the other hand, if you’d like to further edit the timesheet data with another application you should use CSV. CSV is a simple file format that’s widely used in the industry. You can import one of our CSV timesheet files directly into Excel, Numbers and many other popular apps.
To export a timesheet in CSV format, please follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘.CSV’ button at the bottom of the screen
- A pop-up will appear where you can select the column separator that we should use. Comma (,) is the default separator. If you’re a mac user and want to edit the CSV file with Numbers, then you should choose Semicolon (;).
- Click on ‘Export’ to download your file. The file will be saved in your Downloads folder.
Edit and delete time entries
You can edit your time entries directly from the Timesheets section. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Once you’ve built your timesheet, select the time entry you want to edit by clicking on it.
- The time entry edit form will appear on screen. Here you can edit all time entry details as required.
- In case you want to permanently delete this time entry, click on the trash icon. This action cannot be undone.
- Click on ‘Save’ to update your time entry.
Note: Please refer to this article to learn more about editing time entries.
Delete multiple time entries in batch
In case you’d like to delete multiple time entries at once, you can select the checkboxes of the time entries you want to delete and click on the ‘Delete’ button that will appear at the bottom of the screen.