The best way to associate a task with a particular project is as follows:
- Go to Tasks.
- Click on "No Project" on the projects list.
- Now you'll see all tasks which are currently not associated to any project.
- Select the task you want to edit, click on the menu button (...) on the right panel and select "Edit Task".
- A pop-up will appear where you can edit the task's project.
- Press Save when you are ready to update the task.
When you assign a task to a project the total time worked on the task will be automatically added to the project's total worked time. The change will be immediately available in your reports. This also applies when updating the task project.