TrackingTime supports three user roles with different permission levels: Administrator, Project Manager and Coworker.
- Coworkers can only track time and edit tasks on projects they have been assigned to and can only see their own time. A user is automatically assigned to a certain project when a project manager or admin assigns a task to him for the given project. Furthermore, admins and project managers can manually assign coworkers to specific projects.
- Project managers can view and edit all projects, create timesheets and reports, delegate tasks to coworkers and invite user to join the account.
- Administrators can do all of that and also edit account details and settings, as well as cancel their TrackingTime account.
When you setup a user as a coworker you can use advanced permissions to further refine what they are allowed to do in your account.
- Can edit time entries: If selected, a co-worker can manually add and edit time entries he has access to.
- Can edit tasks: If selected, a co-worker can edit tasks details and add new tasks.
- Can edit projects: If selected, a co-worker can edit project and add new projects.
Edit roles and permissions
Administrators can change user roles and permissions by following these steps:
- Go to the 'Manage>Team' section.
- Select the user you want to edit.
- Choose the role for this user from the dropdown menu.
- If you select ‘Coworker’ you’ll be able to specify if this user can edit time entries, projects and tasks.
Note: The role of the user currently set as the account owner cannot be modified.