TrackingTime supports three user roles with different permission levels: Administrator, Project Manager and Coworker.
- Coworkers can only track time and edit tasks on projects they have been assigned to. A user is automatically assigned to a certain project when a project manager or admin assigns a task to him for the given project. Furthermore, admins and project managers can manually assign coworkers to specific projects.
- Project managers can view and edit all projects, create timesheets and reports, delegate tasks to coworkers and invite user to join the account.
- Administrators can do all of that and also edit account details and settings, as well as cancel their TrackingTime account.
When you setup a user as a coworker you can use advanced permissions to further refine what they are allowed to do in your account.
- Can edit time entries: If selected, a co-worker can manually add and edit time entries he has access to.
- Can edit projects and tasks: If selected, a co-worker can edit project and task details and add new tasks.
- Can view other users: If selected, a co-worker can view other users and the team's time entries, tasks, etc. and access the Activity section.
Edit roles and permissions
Administrators can change user roles and permissions by following these steps:
- Go to the 'Manage>Team' section.
- Select the user you want to edit.
- Choose the role for this user from the dropdown menu.
- If you select ‘Coworker’ you’ll be able to specify if this user can edit time entries, projects and tasks or view other users.
- Once you’re ready, don’t forget to click on ‘Save’ to save your changes.
Note: The role of the user currently set as the account owner cannot be modified.